Sunday, April 23, 2006

Webview: The Reith Lectures

So what if it pays its DJs too much money, the BBC has done a great job this year of presenting the Reith Lectures. The annual event - aim: to enrich the intellectual and cultural life of the nation - is archived on the corporation's web site back to 1999, both to read or to listen to, but what I like particularly about this year's series, apart from presenter Daniel Barenboim, is that each lecture is available as a podcast for seven days after its original broadcast, so I can download it, transfer it to my Pure DAB radio or Creative Jukebox (nb no mention here of an iPod!) and listen to it at my leisure, invariably on the train on my way to work. Don't know about the rest of the nation, but my intellectual and cultural life is certainly enriched.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home