Friday, October 06, 2006

Where have all the CD players gone?

I only ask because my CD player recently packed up, and I wanted a replacement. You would think that Canary Wharf would have an abundance. Dixons, now currys.digital, had nothing. And John Lewis, in its expanding hi-tech department, had even less. Both had lots of MP3 players. But CD players? "I think they are aiming at making everything smaller," the v-pleasant-and-trying-to-be-helpful-but-let's-face-it-not-helping-me-at-all assistant in John Lewis told me. I pointed out that I would go right to the top and complain to Mr Lewis himself. I have an MP3 player. But I have a lot of CDs that I just want to pick up on a whim and listen to on the train to work. I don't want first to have to rip them and transfer them to my Jukebox. So I want a CD player. I have found one online at Argos, but I am wondering whether I ought to buy two, in case they stop selling them as well! It is unfair that as far as John Lewis is concerned, only people with access to the Web can now listen to recorded music. Discuss...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home